Friday 19 July 2013

God's Pocket

Prior to the great European adventure, I was able to escape Edmonton and spend a week on Vancouver Island in a cottage with Wendy.  I'd 'won' the cottage in a silent auction at my school, Victoria, supporting a Ugandan school.  The cottage belongs to Inie Graham, a colleague, and coincidentally Emily's grade 1 teacher. 

Simon cliff jumping
Wendy, Jessica and I in the swimming hole
Jessica and Simon joined us for the long weekend and we had a great time.  Simon brought puzzles and games and we swam in the beautiful swimming hole. 




 


Later, Wendy and I explored Kinsel Tresle, one of the tallest trestle bridges in the world. John, an old friend of Wendy's, visited us and took us to a pub for lunch,  We spent a day in Victoria and visited Phyllis and John in Nanaimo.  We drove back through the States and visited the factory outlets in Tulalip, Washington.
All in all, a lovely beginning to the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment