Monday 21 July 2014

10 observations walking home on Saturday

I thought I would share some things I observed while walking home this afternoon.
1. A motorcycle drove past me, with a passenger.  The driver was very busy chatting on his cell phone.
2. A minibus, filled with passengers, was moving very slowly at the side of the road.  As I passed by, I realized one young man was pushing the bus from behind.
3. A building with one relatively small tree I front, and otherwise devoid of vegetation, with a sign: Treetop School and Nursery
4. A storefront with the sign ‘Pizza Hut’.  Clearly not the same chain.
5. A man facing a wall, on a Main Street, with a stream of liquid splashing on the wall.
6. On a hedgerow around the Burundi Bureau of Tourism, several articles of clothing laid out to dry after laundering.
7. A young lady wearing a heavy red wool cap and scarf
8. A parade of cars  adorned with bows… A wedding
9. A young man wearing a clearly recycled t-Shirt with the graphic ‘Class of 64’
10. This last one is not for the walk, but at home: the power has come and off about 50 times this evening! Eventually I deduce from Hilliare’s fiddling with power cords, that there is something wrong in this unit.  With most of the lights turned off, it is no longer turning off and on.



4 comments:

  1. Lisa Hauk-Meeker21 July 2014 at 08:39

    Maybe it's the original pizza "hut"! Do they know they could sue for copyright violation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our best shirt sighting (#9) were "Alberta Juvenile Basketball" and "Joe Fresh". Felt like home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have a culture shock of your own when you return home. Sounds so different there! I love the image of a young fellow pushing the minibus and the laundry strewn in front of tourism office. How's the heat? Are you melting? Dry heat or high humidity?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Evelyn... I could likely delete them if I had time.. found a real linternet access cafe with FAST time! Wow.
    @Sherri... managing the heat, it is never unbearable. Pretty consistently 30ish. Not higher. Not much lower.

    ReplyDelete