Wednesday 2 July 2014

The Rest of Summer 2013 - London, Carcasonne, (Part 1)

It appears I didn't quite finish last summer's adventure writing. I will have to trust on my untrustworthy memory.... I feel a need to enter 2013 before I leave (tomorrow) on my next journey.

London
London was another reunion for me, having been there a few times before.  Paul and Lauren needed to leave France to renew their Visas, and so we shares a weekend in London.  Highlights included food; something I never thought I would say about British food.  Two extremely memorable meas were at Nopi, a restaurant owned by one of my favourite cookbook authors, Ottolenghi.  The cookbook is Jerusalem.  The food was superb, as was the casual chic dining experience, celebrating both Lauren and Paul's birthdays. 

The second incredible meal was at Wahaca, a mexican restraunt that was more upscale than more Mexican.  If you make it to London, these are on my list of spectacular experiences. 

We took a boat cruise down the Thames and meandered through Greenwich, stood on the Greenich Meanline, and drank Pim's in a pub.  A sweet time with awesome people.

The best:  The Book of Mormons!  Paul is not a known musical theatre affectionado but to honour his mother, he arranged tickets for us.  We laughed all the way through it; what a great play, so funny, and well worth the hefty ticket prices.

Pimm's in Greenwich village

House of Parliament
Paul and Lauren

Trafalgar Square

Bathroom at Nopi

Everywhere on the Underground

Don't remember the name of the resaurant for lunch but delish!


Nopi

Mediteranean Coast Drive
Bless Paul and Lauren who lent us their car and we took off for the coast.  (We means Steve and I; he had arrived in Grenoble just after our London Weekend).  I was able to dip my toes in the the sea, gaze at the Pont d'Avignon, and best, tour the town of Carcasonne which has been beautifully restored.  Gorgeous. 



Outside walls of Carcasonne

No comments:

Post a Comment